• Mesaje scrise: 433
  • Masina: Zafira 2001 Y20DTH
  • Cont inregistrat: 23 Apr 2012

• Mesaj Privat
Pedace a scris:Hello everyone,
Happy 2024!
Help needed, please!
Frontera 2.2dti X22DTH 116hp.
VP44 PSG5 - Had to replace the voltage regulator.
It was ok for several km, but then it started to cutoff. I was getting less and less working time with each try.
I get p1345 and now it only works for a few minutes.
Changed the crankshaft sensor - same results.
I'm now going to try and change the pump sensor position.
What are the values I should be aiming for, related to Advance timing and Injection quantity, with the engine warm at idle, please?
Many thanks.
Best regards!

You need to look after the injection quantity only. If the sensor from the pump are in the right position you should get around 4.4-4.8 mg/stroke. In case that you have more than 5 mg the pump are advanced and you will get a higher fuel consumption and more smoke behind the car. If l you have less than 4 mg than the pump are retired and you will notice a leak of power especially at low rpm. If you still have the P1345 you need to change the sensor from the pump.
Skip ads

• Pedace

• Mesaje scrise: 6
  • Masina: Frontera 2000 X22DTH
  • Cont inregistrat: 05 Aug 2023

• Mesaj Privat
Hello,
Thank you very much for your help.
The Injection Qty. I have at cold is 11.5mg/strk, and at hot (when it didn't shut-off) I got 7.1mg/strk. Now I can only get to 8.9mg/strk before it shuts down.
I got those values I posted from this document - checking-procedure-x22dth-edc15m.pdf
  • rolland

• Mesaj Privat
There are two scenarios what I think you can have. 1. The pump remain advance because the piston from the pump are stuck or partially stuck. For that I suggest to make a parameters scan and look for advance. With cold engine it is normal to have the 11.5 mg/stroke because the pump are advanced. With cold engine the pump are advance 16 degrees sometimes. After the engine are warmed up the pump start to retire the advance . Now this is the point where you must give attention. If the injection quantity are 8 mg/stroke that means the pump remained advanced. That mean you will not have that 2.3 degres advance, you will have more than this value.

The 2nd scenario when the sensor are not in the right position. This can happen if the sensor was unmounted from the pump. But even so the 8 mg /stroke injection quantity can not appear.

So I think more ore less you have the first scenario.

As a suggestions check the wire isolation from the pump unit to the valve what are in the bottom of the pump. In most of the case the isolation pill down and the wire start to touch each other.
  • Pedace

• Mesaj Privat
Hi again!
I greatly appreciate your help and your knowledge shearing.
I did remove the sensor from its position because I had to repair the pump module - Voltage regulator was only giving 4.25V, and I was getting error codes:
P1651 - (B) CAN Receives Error - present
P1631 - (E) Injection Pump Malfunction 7 - present
I measured the valves when I had the module out and isolated their wires.
Only when I got to put everything back in place I didn't realize the sensor position was so critical.
I'm going to try to use the trick someone mentioned of centering the sensor using the marks left in the sensor body by the head screws.
Best regards
Skip ads

• rolland

• Mesaj Privat
As i mentioned above. The only way it is to look after the injection quantity parameter. If let suppose that the piston from the pump work properly than you need to move little bit the sensor to the engine direction. The diameter differences between the screw and the hole from the sensor it let you to play with this adjustment.

Another important point . If you have changed the voltage regulator very important to have a good heat dissipation. Otherwise in very short time will blow up. Most of the people put above of the old voltage regulator what in my point of view is wrong. So as advice it is better to remove the old component tottaly and to glue the new one directly to the aluminum housing
  • iulian1971

• Mesaje scrise: 7,081
  • Masina: Astra 2008 Z19DTH
  • Cont inregistrat: 21 Dec 2006

• Mesaj Privat
"P1651 - (B) CAN Receives Error - present"
With this present code, the engine will never start.
  • Pedace

• Mesaj Privat
On the way to hell!
I no longer remembered that it would be so difficult to do this with everything in place.
That flat cable is scary!
  • Pedace

• Mesaj Privat
Hello.
After several attempts, I will have to give up and take the car for repairs at a specialized workshop.
I changed the position of the sensor 4 times without success.
I am very grateful for the help provided. Compliments
Skip ads

1. Home
  2. Tutoriale

Intra in ClubOpel!

check Cea mai mare comunitate Opel
check Intalniri locale
check Skip Ads
check Vinzi/Cumperi
check Gratuit pe viata

CO+FB CO+FB CO+YT CO+IG CO+TWTR